One thing that happened last August was a trip to the dentist office for the girls. Both did very well and the dentists and technicians all commented on how the girls behaved well and cooperated during the x-rays, cleaning, and exams. I was very impressed with them! No cavities, but Sophia was instructed to
help her two front teeth come out! The permanent teeth were already close to coming out and the dentist did not want her to have four front teeth on the top like she did on the bottom. In fact, the dentist gave her one month to get them out, or come back and have them pulled!
So we wiggled. And wiggled. And wiggled. Finally, I jokingly suggested that I would hold the tooth and Tessa could tickle Sophia. It worked! Sophia laughed and squirmed away from her tickling sister and I was left with a tooth in my hand!
 |
| Notice how one tooth is barely hanging in her mouth. |
 |
| Sophia missing one front tooth and her proud sister, Tessa |
 |
| a close-up shot |
 |
| The tooth in a box from the dentist |
Then, we went to work on wiggling the second one. We ended up trying the same thing as the first one, but she didn't jump back, so I just gave a tiny tug and it popped out.
 |
| "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" was her favorite song for awhile! |
No comments:
Post a Comment