Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tessa rides!

Unlike fairly fearless Sophia, Tessa is a bit concerned about anything that is moving quickly.  So bike riding without stabilizers (training wheels) is a tall order.  She has been riding her bike for awhile but likes to go fairly slowly.  When her bike is hooked up to mine, she is quite happy for us to go fast, so I thought maybe some practice on a soft surface would help alleviate some fear of falling.  It did help, but everytime she realized she was going fast (and actually riding on her own without the extra wheels or Mommy holding on!) she would stop.  It was a very good workout for me though, as I had to promise to stay right next to her, even if I let go for a few seconds.
Girls at the park

Tessa double checking that the training wheels are gone!

I am holding on to the seat and running with her!

Not holding the seat, but still running right next to her!

Good job, Tessa!

Well, I did it, but can you put them back on now?

The cheering section!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Great job Tessa! Jordan, if she still needs lots of help you can try what I saw on a TV show and chase after her, squirting her with a water gun! ;-) Elliott is not quite there yet and it doesn't help that it's too hot to enjoy riding bikes most of the day now.