Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer Nights

Sweet sisters



beautiful park


don't fly away blanket!

The Rio Grande BioPark , which includes the zoo, botanical garden, aquarium, and Tingley Beach (lakes, we're in NM remember?) has a program called Summer Nights. You can go find a nice spot at the garden, bring a picnic dinner and listen to a concert. We've only made it there once this year, mostly due to Chuck's school and busy schedule, but it was a good time. We tried to check out the Butterfly Pavilion again, but it was closed so the girls and I walked around the lake instead, while Chuckolate kept our picnic blanket from flying away. The sisters immediately joined him when we returned...resulting in a fun picture. Of course, Tessa was ready for bed before the end of the concert (8pm) and we snuck out early to avoid the rush for the parking lot.


yummy mango yogurt drinks

time to go home

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Is that a thumb in her mouth?! :0)
I remember once you went to Showa Park for fireworks and sat in the parking lot for 2 hours afterwards... looks like you learned from that experience! Looks like a fun summer night.

jordan said...

Didn't I tell you about Tessa? She is the easiest baby EVER to know when she is tired. One thumb in the mouth, other hand pulling at her ear...and you know she's ready for bed!

And yes, I now always try to avoid 2 hours of waiting in the parking lot! But I don't think that would happen in the US as much as in Japan. Around here, people might be driving over curbs if they had to wait half that long!