Well, we have been back from Seattle since VERY late Wednesday night (it was 1am when I fell into bed after rushing the girls into theirs) and we all slept in until 11am Thursday...an absolute record for either of my daughters. The last few days have been a whirl of laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, and getting Sophia to and from school on Friday. But now I have a few minutes to blog and say that we did have a great trip, overlooking Tessa and Sophia's occassional less-than-kind moments. Sophia wasn't really used to playing with her cousins and wasn't always on her best behavior, but had a lot of fun with them for the most part. Tessa was fussier and clingier than she has ever been, but she is generally very easy going so it wasn't THAT bad. She now has 3 new teeth, which explains a lot of her needing Mommy constantly, not to mention she is not used to having ANY extended family around, much less 20+ members on several occassions.
The flights weren't that bad, especially since I am quite used to much longer ones. Of course, Tessa grabbed her cheapy airport plastic cup of milk as soon as we got on the plane headed for Seattle, causing it to crush and splash all over my pants. Then, in the airport on the way home, her diaper leaked causing my pants to be covered in pee. I decided the milk was actually worse, because it smelled more...but neither was pleasant!

The girls thought the plane was mostly fun. Tessa was way over-tired (missed nap time and it was already bedtime) for the first leg of the trip home and fussed a bit. But on the second flight both girls got their second wind and were wired. Non-stop talking with everyone we saw was the result. People all over the world now know Sophia's name, even a couple of very friendly pilots that told her Dad he would be in big trouble in about 10 years. She told everyone her name, age, birthday, sister's name, age, birthday, and then started talking about whatever popped in her head. She does know her address and both of our phone numbers but luckily she didn't start giving those out!

You will surely notice a giant scratch on Tessa's right cheek in these pictures. She was running down the hallway the night before we left and tripped, scratching her face on the bottom of one of our suitcases that was waiting for an early morning taxi. Every time I looked at it I just imagined it being slightly higher and getting her eye and was so thankful it hadn't!
Also, my camera's memory was completely full by the end of the our trip (I'll get posting about family visits, a day at the Point Defiance Zoo, watching Auntie Allie play drums with her Bagpipe band, the Pacific Science Center, and of course Thanksgiving!) so I didn't get any pictures of the trip home...but I'm sure you can imagine both girls in pink pajamas, Sophia talking and eating and coloring, Tessa alternating between fussing and eating (even a tasty red crayon) and reading books.
2 comments:
Glad you got home safely. I bet you got off that plane and thought, Why do I want to move overseas again? Just kidding. We are raising some well traveled kids!
Last time I tagged you for something I don't think you did it... so you owe me! Check out my blog. :)
Post a Comment