The questions they ask are things like whether she is starting to take off her own clothes, following simple directions, eating with a spoon, stacking a few blocks, coloring with a crayon, saying about 10 words, using two fingers to pick up small objects, kicking a ball, and putting together a two-word sentence. The only one I said no to was the last. However, since then I decided that her telling me "Book uh-oh" and "Fia uh-oh" or "Sis did-it" probably qualify as two-word sentences for a toddler. And later that day she told me "Tessa's shoes" and I recalled her telling me others things that were "Tessa's ___" so I guess I just hadn't thought about it long enough.
Yes, she does call her sister both Fia and Sis, and yes she does often blame her sister for things, even when she didn't actually do them! She bonked her head on the counter and told me, "Sis did-it!"
Since I knew she could say her name, I decided to start asking her, "What is your name?" Sophia helps me play this game with her by giving her an example of how to answer. She often answers, "Tess!" though occassionally will tell you "Tessa" and sometimes won't say anything intelligable at all! Here is a little video of her saying "Tess" and then not answering at all because she thinks it is her turn to take the video!
She also loves to play the animal game and can tell you "meow" for a cat, can pant or say "woof" for a dog, says "ooh, ooh" for a monkey and "moo" for a cow. She says "oke, oke" for a pig, but who really thinks they say "oink" anyway? ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment