First of all, yesterday was Chuckolate's birthday! Happy Birthday! We had planned to leave the girls at Sophia's school for Parent's Night Out and go out to dinner to celebrate. However, Chuckolate was informed that he
really should be at the Award Ceremony the same night. And then Tessa decided not to fall asleep for her nap that day (after spending the morning at Sophia's school for a party- more on that later- and then lunch and playtime at McDonald's). Apparently she was really overtired and I couldn't imagine leaving her at the school knowing that we probably wouldn't be done at the Ceremony until after 9, and then would still have to drive to pick them up and bring them home. I explained my dilemma to the birthday boy and he said he wouldn't mind going alone. So I stayed home feeling guilty and he went without me.
And won two awards! He won the Specialist of the Year and the Lance P. Sijan Leadership Awards! We are very proud of him and quite impressed with his new giant trophies! I was expecting a piece of paper or maybe a plaque, but he actually received these enormous statues! I will definitely be finding a babysitter so I can join him for the Wing Award Ceremony and know that my girls are safe at home, asleep in their beds!

Then this morning Sophia arranged her and her sister's valentine treats with her Daddy's new awards and wanted a photo taken. When her Daddy picked up the video camera instead, this is what she had to say...
1 comment:
Way to go Chuck! That is great. Now if only he could exchange those statues for some non-chargeable leave...
Post a Comment