That is what Tessa says whenever anything is "not quite right." And I made a bit of a mistake the other day when reminiscing with Sophia about the period of time that she loved taking her pajamas and diaper off at night, then wetting the bed, so I had to change her sheets and redress her every night before I went to bed. We tried explaining to her how she would be cold if she took her pajamas off. She said that peeing in bed warmed her up! Then we tried promising her extra books before bed if she kept them on, and less books if she took them off. None of it worked. Finally we cut the feet off a pair of footie pajamas and put them on her backwards, so she couldn't get to the zipper! Sophia was actually a year older than Tessa is now when she started her nightly undressing, but I recalled these nights because Tessa started wearing Sophia's old 2T 'jamas. (Not the footless ones from her naked nights.) Yes, her legs are so long she cannot wear 18 month pajamas anymore! Her toes are starting to pop out.
My mistake was that I told the story in front of Tessa. So later than night when I kissed the girls before getting into my own bed, I discovered a naked toddler. Chuckling to myself because Tessa had comprehended and then reenacted the story I told Sophia, I redressed her and went to bed. Then the next morning, in comes Sophia saying, "Mommy, mommy, come quick, something Amazing happened." Which was, of course, that Tessa had undressed herself and removed her diaper. And has now almost every night and morning since. Sometimes she calls me at night to let me know she is naked and cold, but usually I just find her naked and asleep on my way to bed. Then first thing in the morning, off come the clothes again!
Finally two nights ago Daddy told her not to remove her clothes and she listened! So last night I was once again surprised to find an almost naked baby. After removing her pajamas, apparently Tessa got cold and put them back on, backwards! They are the footie kind, so she couldn't quite get her legs in there and had just fallen asleep, half in her pajamas, sans diaper. Perhaps it is time to get out the footless pjs!
After redressing the silly, however good at listening, baby, I covered Sophia and gave her a kiss. She patted the leg of my fuzzy pajamas mumbling, "chicks are so soft and cozy to cuddle with." Then Tessa sat up in bed and said, "Mom." So I went over to her and she put her lips up to me kissing the air, which means of course, "give me a kiss!" I kissed her too and she lay back down and noticed her teddy bear, telling him "hi" and giving him big bear hugs and a look reserved for long lost friends. I pulled her blanket up to her chest and she closed her eyes, still smiling. I went to bed last night knowing nothing in life could be better than being a Mom, even one that makes mistakes.
I won't ruin my story by telling you how we discoved Tessa this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment