 |
| Heading out of the riding yard... |
Sophia's Saturday morning riding lessons are a highlight of her week. When the sun comes out and it isn't too windy, I really enjoy them as well. When they have a lesson outside of the stable yard, it is a special treat as she gets to walk her pony around the stable grounds and surrounding area and I get to follow along and warm myself up a bit! There are helpers that hold a lead for each pony, though they give the riders quite a bit of slack, so they can control the pony on their own for the most part. They all ride down the riding yard's long drive, then around some fields, back up the road, and through the field back to the riding yard. The walk takes up almost the entire 30 minute lesson and Sophia thinks it is fabulous! It is quite difficult to get photos though, as I try to stay out of the way and Sophia is focused on her riding, not on smiling for the camera!
 |
| This is the face I get when I ask her to look at the camera! |
 |
| Going through the wooded path... |
 |
| Up the street... |
 |
| Back into the riding yard! |
On another day, I didn't take my camera out during the riding lesson, but the girls were being so sweet together afterwards, I had to capture it!
 |
| A random hug between sisters. |
 |
| Walking hand in hand. |
 |
| Now they are playing it up for the camera! |
 |
| Sophia is teaching Tessa how to walk together. |
Yet another riding day and the weather was lovely! The pink house below was available to let (to rent) previously and I actually thought about moving there because it is really cute, filled with character, and in such a nice village, but still close to Newmarket shops/schools and the military base for Chuckolate. Finding out there was only one bathroom and not even a w.c. (half bath) was enough to put a stop to that idea. Still, I enjoy looking at it everytime we go to Sophia's lesson.
 |
| This is the view when I turn my back to the riding yard. |
 |
| Sophia was racing another girl and loved it! They were only walking/trotting but had to weave around cones and collect something from the pole at the end. The parents (and Tessa) all cheered to riders on! |
 |
| Sophia rounding the corner and heading back for the win! |
 |
| This is the church that is next to the stables. |
No comments:
Post a Comment