Sophia's newest favorite movie is the Aristocats. It was her Valentine's present from me because she has been enthralled with cats for the past few months and I knew she would get enough candy from her friends at various Valentine parties she attended. Now she likes to play "cats" and usually she is Marie, the girl kitten, and I am Duchess, the Mommy Cat. However, sometimes she likes to be the Mommy Cat and I am the Daddy Cat. For anyone that remembers this movie, you will know that Thomas O'Malley the Alley Cat really isn't the kittens' father, but those sort of details are not important to a 3 year old. In Finding Nemo, Dory is the Mommy fish to Sophia because she needs the characters to fit the Mommy-Daddy-Baby pattern she has in her head. I try to explain that families come in different forms, but she doesn't get that yet.
Well, we were playing Mommy and Daddy Cat and she told me that I was supposed to tell her that her "Eyes are like pacifiers." I'm pretty sure that Thomas O' Malley told Duchess her "eyes are like saphires", but pacifiers really is so much funnier!
2 comments:
Abbey would love a cat with eyes like pacifiers...
What other NON-SCARY movies does Sophia like? I want to expand our viewing choices but Abbey gets so scared about things lately.
We went to see the Bee Movie and she really liked that...no scary parts that I can think of. She likes Ratatouille but it definitely has scary parts...even after seeing it a few times she gets scared when the old lady starts shooting at all the rats. Umm, Jungle Book and Lady & the Tramp...I don't know if Sher Khan would be too scary for Abbey. I guess Sophia mostly watches Disney movies and they all have a scary part. Aristocats really didn't though. Diego and Dora movies are always tame. But I imagine you've seen them all enough!
Post a Comment