
Sophia's school is doing the NM State Fair as a theme for this month. They made stick horses one day, came to school dressed as cowgirls and boys another day, and even brought in their own State Fair exhibits to display. Sophia loved every bit of it. Her stick horse Buttery (they had popcorn for snack that day) is worn out from being ridden all around the house and even Tessa likes to drag it around after her...though she looks more like she is trying to mop than ride a horse!


For cowpoke day, she was supposed to dress like a cowgirl and bring a pie tin to school for snack. I wasn't completely sure what to have her wear, but fortunately we had this shirt that was actually mine 100 years ago. And the boots are actually Uncle Toby's (we're just keeping them safe until you want them back, Toby). I was a little afraid to show them to Sophia because I knew they would be too big and I knew she would want to wear them anyway. But she managed to walk around in them so I let her wear them to school. Fortunately they are very slippery and hurt her feet when she played on the playground...if not I may have never gotten them off of her! The pie tin was because they made cornbread and baked beans for snack and ate it outside around a pretend campfire. I wish I had been there for that because it sounds so cute. The video below was one she insisted I take of her before she went to school...not sure if that is what she wanted to say or if she just forgot what to do.
Anyone that watched our slideshow from the State Fair should be able to guess her exhibit of choice...rabbits! So her beloved Bun, a bunny that her Uncle Nacho gave to her when he visited about 2 years ago, became her exhibit. She wanted him in a cage but also wanted to be able to pet him, so I made this cardboard cage which she decorated beautifully. Of course, the bunnies at the fair had things written on their cages, so ours did too. And she decided to add a baby duckling to the cage so we wrote about both of them. We actually checked on the internet for what ducklings eat and that is what we found...go figure. And Sophia made sure I wrote the word pretend next to the for sale part, because she didn't want anyone to think they could really buy Bun! We had a lot of fun making it and she won a blue ribbon for Best Bunny in a Cage! Pretty sure every kid won a blue ribbon, but we wouldn't want the other kids to feel badly that Sophia had the best one, right?






Parents were allowed to arrive at school 10 minutes early to pick up their kids, in order to see all of the fair exhibits. We also were able to see the kids sing and Tessa joined right in. She is ready for school too!


2 comments:
OVERACHIEVER!!!!! So cute... Mine would probably have the real thing. HAHHA Way to go Sophia...
What a cool preschool! Love the western wear. Sophia and Abbey will have to go ridin' the range together someday. When I was a kid we always had a western day at school around the time of the stock show. Then we had a school holiday to go to the stock show, which I didn't realize was weird until I was an adult!
Post a Comment