Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sophisms & Tessisms

As we entered a restaurant for lunch, I reminded Sophia about the proper behavior when eating in a restaurant and asked if she would be good while we were there. Her response was, "I'll try my best, but I can't guarantee anything."

On a school field trip last spring to go fishing, Sophia's friend became rather upset when Chuckolate cut the head off of her fish. She had agreed to having the fish "cleaned," but apparently hadn't understood what that meant. Sophia comforted her friend, singing, "All fish have to die."

Sophia is always asking to go eat sushi, and we have to explain to her that it is too expensive to eat as often as she would like. I also have told her that in Japan we could eat it more often, because there were some cheap places to go there, and the sushi was still delicious. She tole me, "When I grow up, I'm going to go to Japan to eat sushi so much, people will think I LIVE there!" Then Tessa replied, "When I grow up, I'm going to see people!" So there.

Daddy has been gone this week and Tessa has been missing him. She asks where he is every day and I tell her, "He is in Virginia." Her reply? "But I LOVE him!"

Then she told me that she wanted to make something for Daddy when he comes home. I told her that was a great idea, and asked what she would like to make for him. She said, "Hmm...a bowl....of.....ketchup!"


No comments: