Sunday, November 22, 2009

Totally Tessa

Tessa is so funny lately, and also a terrible two on occassion.
Her favorite song is "ABCD!" Also known as the alphabet song. But when listening to the radio, it's I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) by Pitbull . She says, "That's Tessa's song!" Such a funny kid. She also has taken to saying "kid's song" or "CD!" as soon as we enter the car, and "Louder!" once the music starts.







She loves to talk on the phone,
to anyone that will listen, and about anything, especially poop. It is one of her favorite words, I think. She aso likes to tilt her head to the side, holding the phone with her shoulder, and nodding a lot. Sophia was always shy on the phone at that age, but not her sister.















Tessa has started watching tv, and now asks for it all the time, but mostly just Hi-5, a show where these 5 obnoxious "teens?" sing and dance around, "Elmo," and "Einsteins!" which means either Baby Einsteins or Your Baby Can Read, anything with real babies in it. Cartoons do not interest her much, if at all.














She talks like crazy, nonstop sometimes, although sometimes Sophia and I are the only ones that are fluent in Te-ta talk. She can say Tessa is you ask her to, but when you ask her name, she will usually say "T.E.S.A." or "Te-ta."



She helped me at the library last week, when I spent almost 3 hours helping them to box up all the books so the walls could be painted. I was amzed but she stayed happy and content and "helpful" the entire time. Then a few days ago I had a meeting for Math Masters, a tutoring program that I coordinate at Sophia's school, and she couldn't sit still for 3 minutes. It all depends on her mood.
She loves her preschool and is so proud of her artwork that she makes there. She always talks about her friends at school and is very pleased that she actually has her own friends. She also comes home singing lots of new songs, including The Hokey Pokey and Jesus Loves Me.
Here she is at her preschool Thanksgiving feast. Every time I turned around she was sneaking another brownie!


One other thing about her is that she is obsessed with ballerinas! Every costume she saw on Halloween that she thought was pretty she called a ballerina. Whenever she wears a dress, she is a pretty ballerina. She spins around with her arms over her head and says she is a ballerina. Someone just asked her what she was for Halloween and she answered, "a ballerina!" I had to say that she was actually a lion and she said, "Oh, lion, yes. Fia is Dorothy, and Daddy is Tin man!"





She is having a very hard time getting to sleep lately. Someone suggested she may be ready to give up her nap, but oh no. She goes right to sleep for naps, and is ever so cranky when naptime rolls around, but bedtime is tough. And my sleeping-in baby has become my wake-up at 6am toddler! It is nice that sometimes she doesn't wake me up right away, but then I usually wake up to a mess.




She likes to hide in closets sucking on toothpaste, get bandaids out and put them all over her imagined injuries, and pick out clothes from Sophia's closet and dress herself in them.




Here is a video of her from the beginning of October, where she is very silly...I tried to get her to sing the alphabet, but she was having so much fun instead.

No comments: