
Sophia is very, very interested in art. It is sometimes hard to imagine that she could sit still for any length of time, but she will color, draw, create for hours. She loves patterns and will make picture after picture of patterns. She even points them out wherever we go, telling us which is and AB pattern or an ABC pattern. She took an art class last summer and loved it. She came home telling me all about perspective and was so excited about it. She has art class at school once a week, and makes various art projects daily. I think it may be her favorite part of school, besides the dreaded dirt, I mean sand, playground.


We were reading a book together and she pointed to the spine of the book, saying, "If I made this book, I would put a Caldecott sticker right here."
"Why's that?" I asked.
"Because the pictures are so great!" (This is where I am thinking she is such an art critic, with a fine eye.) Then she continues, "They didn't go out of the lines, not even once!"

Sophia is also now an avid reader. She reads everything she sees and Chuckolate and I have trouble communicating sometimes since we still tend to spell things we don't want her to hear. She will tell us, "Hello, I can spell. I know that spells pepperoni pizza!" We tried spelling things backwards, but then we don't even understand each other.
She has recently learned how to zip up her own jacket (she could do that awhile ago, but never wanted to) and tie her own shoes. She still is happy to let me do but for her, but is capable of doing it herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment