We went down to Silver City, NM to vist my Aunt Pam (Pammy for short, as Sophia says) and Uncle Dave for Thanksgiving. We had a great time and the girls loved taking a little trip. I don't have any idea why I didn't take any pictures on Thanksgiving, or even around the house, so you'll just have to believe we had fun and ate a humongous, delicious Thanksgiving Feast. Well, the adults all did. For some strange reason, my girls do not like Thanksgiving food. Seriously, its weird. Uncle Dave cooked the turkey in his outdoor pizza oven and it was delicious. Sophia ate a plateful of turkey and cranberries, but that was it.
Uncle Dave making pizza in the oven.
The girls actually slept like this, but getting them to go to sleep was another story.
What do you mean Mommy and Daddy don't want to ride in the carseats in the back?
We went to a great playground the day after to let the girls get some fresh air and exercise after being mostly cooped up on Thursday. I did take plenty of pictures there and it was a beautiful place! Sophia did take a big fall at one point, but besides being shaken up, she was fine. I was standing under her as she maneuvered around this one area on the play equipment and after she did it three or four times, I stepped back to take some pictures. She was so interested in directing my pictures of her, that she lost her footing and slipped. Luckily she caught herself with her hand before falling to the ground, so it was only a few feet drop rather than the 6 feet she started falling from.













This is where she fell from about a minute later, luckily she caught the bottom rope with her hand on the way down.
Tessa loves to drive.
Howling like a coyote.
We headed home late in the morning on Saturday and managed to make it home with a few queasy bellies, but no worse (oh yeah, I intentionally left the carsick incident on the way there out of the story, oops). It is about a 5 hour drive and so when we got home we played for about an hour, then made a quick dinner and got ready for bed.
Tessa was in her pajamas and getting into bed when she said, "Tomorrow, get in the car and go back Pammy's house!" I asked her if she really wanted to drive all the way back so soon and she said "Yes!" She apparently remembered that Sophia had gotten a chance to ride in Uncle Dave's truck, but she hadn't because she said, "Go back Pammy's house and Tessa ride in, uh, mmm," she looked from me to Chuckolate, trying to think of what she wanted to say, then finally came up with this, "Tessa ride in Uncle Dave's man-car!" Well, I guess that means truck, to any of you that weren't aware.
Then we read a book a few days later called, "Blue hat, green hat." It has a turkey in it that is always putting clothes on the wrong place, so I told her he was a silly turkey. Tessa said, "No silly turkey. Yummy turkey."
No comments:
Post a Comment