Saturday, June 2, 2012

Queen's Jubilee (and barndance)

To celebrate the Queen's 60th anniversary of being on the throne, England had a big Jubilee (celebration).  There were lots of events everywhere, including at the girls' school.  Their school had visitors from other countries in Europe on that day, so they had a Street party to celebrate the two events.  They were allowed to wear red, white, and blue clothes for the day.  I had bought Sophia an American outfit, which fit the colours anyway!  I thought we would mix and match red, white, and blue things for Tessa.  However, when we saw a certain dress at a local shop, she loved it and I thought it was too cute to pass it up.  We did go to a Queen's Jubilee picnic on Sunday also, but it was raining so we moved to a friend's sitting room instead of the Severals Field, and I ended up not taking photos.  It was fun, though!

Their nails are red, white, and blue!

Sophia's shirt says "Miss Independence"

Tessa's dress has union jacks inside little hearts!
 The next day the school had a barndance for the visitors and governors were invited, but not their spouses or children.  So I dressed-up as a farm girl and biked through town to the Memorial Hall.  I didn't count the number of people that gave me funny looks, but at least it was dark when I biked home!
Tessa really wanted to go with me!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Biking to a barn dance to celebrate the Queen of England?! I"m still a little confused but I'm glad you had fun. You guys seem to go do all the best British-y things. :0)