Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Car update

Well, my poor little car has been in the shop for the past week, getting repaired and repainted, and thoroughly cleaned. I never knew I would get back a clean, detailed car! When I got back into my car yesterday afternoon, I thought maybe getting hit wasn't so bad after all. Then, I checked out the damaged spot to find it wasn't fixed! The top piece sticks out a little from the bottom piece and the paint has drip marks! Yuck and double yuck!

The car shop was already closed by that time, so I drove my honda civic hybrid to the pool and felt like I was riding a big wheel! I should mention that my rental car the other insurance company got for me was a Ford Edge, which is a pretty big SUV, to me anyway. The first time I drove it I didn't like it, but after a week I got quite accustomed to its big size and roomy interior. Now that I had to return my car to get refixed, the shop paid for another rental car...a Dodge Grand Caravan! My little Civic will never feel the same.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That is too funny- here is your car, we cleaned it but didn't bother fixing it. Oops. I don't know how you drive that tiny car with two carseats, stroller, etc. I would be claustrophobic! Please take a picture of you being a temporary minivan mom.

jordan said...

Well, to be fair, the dent WAS gone. But you would think that at some point in the 7 days they had my car (to do 6 hours of work, according to them) someone would have looked at it and said, Hmmm, that doesn't look good!

I actually never thought my civic was too small, until I started driving these huge things. The van is a little disappointing though, because the locks don't work, I couldn't figure out the parking brake, and I couldn't get the key out of the ignition! Maybe I just haven't driven enough vehicles to know all the little quirks.