Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We found Nemo...

But we forgot our camera. Actually, the battery only lasts a few minutes now, so I didn't even bother bringing it to the Nemo on Ice show that we went to last Friday night. I did really wish that I had a camera, though, because the show was great. Sophia loved it and didn't take her eyes off the stage, as she proceeded to ask me 1000+ questions throughout the 2 hour performance. She had her first taste of cotton candy at the show, and after commenting that it felt like hair, was convinced to put it in her mouth and found that it was quite tasty. In fact, later she told me that her favorite part of the show was "the food."

Tessa also enjoyed the show, much to our surprise. I thought she would watch for a few minutes, and then be ready for some milk and a little nap because the show took place at her bedtime. No nap, but no tears either. She clapped, smiled, laughed, jumped up and down on my lap, danced, waved at the characters, and finally after an hour and a half, sucked her thumb for awhile. But wouldn't sleep because the loud noises kept startling her, so she would look back at the stage and smile and wave again.
Since we didn't get any pictures of the actual show, or us watching it, we paid to have our picture taken with Bruce the shark. Then, we reenacted the show with the Nemo hat that came with Sophia's cotton candy. It's not quite as good as the real show, but we did have a lot of fun doing it!

Tessa wanted to eat the Nemo hat, not wear it on her head!Itsy didn't want to eat it or wear...he was not interested in silly fish hats.Chuckie was too busy watering his pepper plants to really care if he was part of the "show."I thought I was looking goofy, but it came out looking drunk, or maybe just scary!Sophia wanted to show Nemo's bottom for this picture!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You guys are hilarious. The Newman family is part of a show of some sort every single day, directed by the tyrant Abbey Newman. She refuses to watch Finding Nemo now as it's "scary" but I bet she would like the "on ice" version. I took her to a kids' production of Seussical at the Taiyo and she asked me a million questions about it to which I did not have the answers!