A village named Jordan? Well, I suppose I had to go and see. It doesn't sound like I'm a little partial when I say it was the best village ever, does it? Well, it didn't appear that there was anything to do there, but the houses were nice and the village store was much cuter than a 7-11. if not quite as large. What? I'm not selling it?! Come on! It is the Jordan Village! Best village ever!
I'm not quite sure how I feel about this name...
though the sign is cute.
This is one of many houses I thought I should claim, because they did have my name on them.
Clearly, the best street name in the world.
I took this picure for my cousin Darren, though I will point out that even though he has a house named after him, it is on a street named after me, in the village named after me!
This could never get old...
Yes, I did take a picture of every sign I saw that said Jordan on it.
1922? Hey wait, I'm not that old!
Well, that was about it for the Jordan Village. There was one noteworthy building, though. This is Jordan's Quaker Meeting House, which was one of the first meeting houses in England and was built in 1688...I guess the name is a bit older than me.
An interesting fact is that William Penn(1718), founder of Pennyslvania, is buried here, next the the meeting house.
After that, we were back on the road...
1 comment:
I don't think you're crazy. I thoroughly enjoyed all the Elliott (spelled correctly!) signs in Seattle. Whenever you make it to Abbey Road, please take a picture and send it to us. We always pass a country road called "Old Bethany Road" when we go to my mom's house, maybe this summer when I turn 30 I will have to stop and take a picture. ;0)
Post a Comment