The rest of the girls' break seemed to fly by...a week really isn't very long. They both caught colds and the weather was gloomy, so we had a day or two of resting.
There were a few activities around our area to entertain the kids. We went one day for "Glaze to Amuse!" It means that kids can paint a ceramic figurine, but I always imagine a super hero saying it in a big, booming voice..."GLAZE TO AMUSE!" ...not sure why, but it is much more interesting my way. There was also face painting that day, but we arrived at 10am (when it began) and by noon, when all activities stopped so the children could eat a sack lunch (which we hadn't brought, of course) neither of my girls had their face painted or pottery painted. We decided to go home, and when I say we, of course I mean me! I am obviously the meanest mother EVER! Sorry, but waiting for two hours with kids that don't feel their best was not at all fun.
On another day, there was an ice skating rink set up in front of the shopping area in Newmarket, so we walked there for an interesting experience of ice skating, without ice! It felt even more strange because the sun was out for the first time that week and it was actually warm. Trying to help two girls to ice skate was really difficult, but luckily I was allowed to walk in my shoes, or else it would have been three girls on their bottoms instead of just two!

Our first few tentative steps...

Sophia thought she might do better on her own...

That worked fine for Tessa, because she made me do ALL the work!

A little help please?!
As soon as one girl fell, I had to let go of the other one to pick the first girl up, then the second one would go down!
I decided that I needed two hands to hold Tessa up, but Sophia could get by just holding my arm. It may have been fun for them, but it was a lot of work for me and the next day I had sore shoulders!
Finally, they got their faces painted!
See Mom? Face painting is worth any amount of waiting!
No comments:
Post a Comment